Wednesday 3 February 2016

2013
Compared to the two SPE years, 2013 was the complete opposite, there were more Chinese in my class, Arsen, Denmark, Jedediah, Parvati, Crystal, Rebecca were all in the same class and the Malays were not as rude and uncouth as Warren.
This year was really eye-opening. Especially towards my sexuality and friendships.
Social Butterfly
Unlike 7/8C2, 9Sc2 was a paradise for me.
Larry and Chong Long transferred from Chung Ming so I had even more known friends and slowly, I made friends with everyone else in my class.
For the first time in my life, I was a social butterfly. 
In Chung Ming I was hardly popular, the only people I know of were only limited to my own classroom and most of them I only knew by name and never really knew too much about them. You see, in Chung Ming, academics were taken seriously and teachers rarely miss class and after class, all of us at that age just want to go home and watch TV much less socialize. Therefore the only time to talk was in between class when the teacher gets out of the class and before the next teacher comes in, that and well lunch break.
But now in this new school, I started socializing people outside of class and within my class, sometimes I talked with the guys, sometimes I talked with the girls. Hilarious Allistar, Generous Rarity, Kind Jessica, Quiet Sky, along with Crystal and Jed, were in most of my memories.
What made it easier was that every one was in their little groups of two to three to four. Everytime a teacher isn't here or during lunch break or before class starts, they would all move their chairs and form their little cliques. I myself don't have one specifically and dance around the class, talking to everyone. Although I mostly stuck with Crystal, what can I say? Old habits die hard.
I personally have quite an extroverted, loud and socialite personality but I don't show it to people I'm not familiar with thus I began to seem like a quiet person to those people. But now in this class, I was finally myself.
In May, I even asked Crystal to be my girlfriend, again this is to act exactly like friends but just a promotion of our relationship and she said Yes, of course things change later on but in 2013 everything was perfect and because of this sudden boost of socialization, the year passed by so quickly, beautifully and blissfully. 2013 is one of the years I feel time went by very quickly.
Eye-opening: I am a socialite? What? Although that may not always be the case, it still gave me the confidence that not everyone will hate me.
Love At First Sight
In the beginning of the year, there was this girl, Jessica, she was always in her group of Sky and Alexandria talking about K-pop stuff, they were more incognito unlike the others or me of the class. 
By chance, in Malay, we had to do a group project, other cliques started to merge with others to make the specified number of people in a group.
Crystal and I despised the subject and saw that Jessica's group was just sitting there, so I told Crystal to ask if they wanted to join us.
They agreed.
On the fateful day of the project, Jessica brought her laptop and was doing the project with Alexandria's and Sky's help because Khew and I were losers at the subject.
I walked to her back and asked her cutely, "What'cha doing?"
She replied "Fingering," at least that's what I heard at first. I started laughing at the dirty joke and she was confused until I told her and she was laughing too.
Jessica said "Fangirl-ing" I was so intrigued at this girl, for the first time someone gets my dirty jokes, other than a guy. Crystal does but she just laughs a bit and lets it go but not this girl, we laughed throughout the project about that explicit word.
At the end of the project, Alexandria, Sky and Jessica were saying good bye and Jessica says that if the next time we have an Malay project, we should do this again.
Everyone else nodded heads but deep down, I knew I had to see this girl again.
And I did, I went up to her and stroked up conversation and we talked and became friends.
I learned K-pop stuff from her and we constantly laughed about mature content.
I even memorized all the names of the Girl's Generation K-pop group for her, I was so smitten but I didn't even know it, until next year that is.
Eye-opening: I wouldn't realize it until next year, but this is my first ever romance that begun like a TV drama and ended even more like a TV drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment